Contact Information

 jamanow sm

Director of Community Development
Nancy Jamanow


Community Development
984 Tuckerton Road
Marlton, NJ 08053
2nd Floor, Room 204

Phone: 856-983-2914
Fax:  856-983-6709

Ask A Question

Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday
8:30am - 4:30pm


Frequently Asked Questions - Community Development

FAQs - Community Development

If the inoperable vehicle is on private property, you can submit a Report an Issue form and select "Inoperable vehicle on private property" in the Issue field.   The office of community development will inspect and send a notice of violation if necessary.  If the inoperable vehicle is in the street, please contact police department at 983-1111 (non-emergency number).

Yes; however, there are restrictions. You will need to apply for an Permit for Outdoor Sales or Display.  For more details regarding size, type and duration of sales, and exemptions from permit, click here to review Evesham Township Code online at, and search for Chapter 120 .

The zoning permit application fee varies depending on the use of the property.  You may find the zoning permit fees on the Zoning Permit application & instructions form or by searching for Chapter 72 in the Township Code.

Flood maps are available for viewing at your local library or you may also call Community Development at 856-983-2914 and our Zoning Officer can confirm your flood zone classification.

When you pay for your building, electrical, plumbing or fire permit, you will receive a checklist of required inspections.  You’ll schedule the inspection one day in advance by calling our inspections line at 856-983-2914 x1 between 8 am – 3 pm. Inspections are done Monday – Friday between 8 am and 2 pm.  PLEASE KNOW THAT ALL TOWNSHIP INSPECTORS CARRY PHOTO ID.

All sheds require a zoning permit and a building permit might also be required depending on the size.  For more details, go to shed handout.  If you are part of an HOA, you will need their approval first.

The Department of Community Development is available Monday through Friday 8:30-4:30 to help you through the application process.  We are located in Suite 204 of the Township Building at 984 Tuckerton Road, Marlton, NJ 08053.

Either the property owner or contractor may complete the forms.  Electrical and plumbing contractors must affix their respective seals to the permit application.

All permit applications require a description of the job, materials and equipment being used, and cost of the project.  If the project involves construction plans, we require three sets of plans. Permits must be displayed in conspicuous location while work is being performed and remain posted until final inspections are completed.

A zoning permit is required for a fence.  If the fence surrounds a pool, a building permit is also required and it must meet the pool barrier code.  You’ll need a copy of your property survey and if you are part of a homeowners association, you will need their approval first.  For more details, go to chapter 160-22 of the township code.

The distance varies depending on your zoning district which you can find on our zoning map. For details on required setbacks, dimensions,  building height, lot coverage, etc., please review our performance regulations in the Township Code.  You’ll need to submit a zoning permit application and a UCC construction permit application prior to starting the work.

A construction/building permit ensures the work performed conforms to fire and building codes and is inspected and certified by licensed construction inspectors.  This protects individuals  and the community.   Also, if you have an insurance claim related to any work done without permits, your carrier might not pay the claim.  They often check with the township to confirm permits were issued.